You started planning weekends around rides, rearranged the garage to fit more gear, and have singletrack dreams. It’s official: you’re a mountain biker, and you need a bike that’s as ready to rip as you. That’s the Rockhopper Expert 1X, our most capable Rockhopper yet.
We gave the A1 SL Aluminum frame on the Rockhopper Expert 1X a lighter, tighter look with tube shapes that are optimized for the lowest weight while preserving its legendary comfort. With clean lines and internal cable routing, turns out it looks as sweet as it rides.
Stable and agile might seem contradictory, but the Sport XC 29 Geometry on the Rockhopper Comp 1X accomplishes both goals, with nimble, responsive handling for tight trails and superior stability when going fast, plus a rider position that’s comfortable for long rides.
- Frame: A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger.
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR 29, rebound adjust, air spring, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific).
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore, 1×10-speed, 11-42t.
- Wheelset: Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 32h with Shimano Centre Lock hubs.
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc.