If speed is at the top of your wish list, there’s no better tool than the Turbo Levo Hardtail 29. It takes the fun, efficiency, and speedy characteristics of our 29er hardtails and adds our Turbo technology to crank-up the speed along every part of the trail.
First and foremost, it has all of the speed and nimble handling that our hardtail trail bikes are known for—an easy fit, ultra-short chainstays for nimble handling, and a low bottom bracket that makes the bike feel glued to the trail. In other words, it rides like an awesome mountain bike first and foremost—what would be the point, otherwise? Then comes our efficient and powerful Specialized e- Bike technology, along with an integrated battery and motor. This year, however, you’ll also see some updated software that increases the motor’s efficiency, plus an M5 Premium aluminium frame.
The exclusive, Rx trail-tuned motor smoothly and quietly brings added power to the pedals to make climbing the steepest of trails nearly effortless. The output, meanwhile, is fully adjustable in order to conserve energy. Lastly, our new, custom Specialized 1.2E motor features instant pedal engagement, so you get immediate power the moment you need it and consistent torque throughout the entyre cadence range This makes for the most efficient use of power on the trail, and more importantly, it creates the feel of a capable trail bike.
At the battery, you’ll find that it’s fully integrated with the down tube and easily removable for quick charging or swaps. It has a lengthy lifespan for hitting long, out of the way trails and, along with the motor, is strategically placed for optimal weight distribution. The Mission Control app, meanwhile, gives you full control of the bike’s tech.
This version also has a build kit focused on the intersection of durability and performance, with an SR Suntour XCM32 fork with size- specific travel up front, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a one-by Shimano groupset that controls shift and drivetrain duties.
- Frame: Specialized M5 Aluminum, 29 Trail HT Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing.
- Fork: SR Suntour XCM32, 47mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle. (S: 100mm travel, M/L/XL: 120mm travel).
- Drivetrain: Shimano Acera, 8-speed.
- Wheelset: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings hubs laced to Specialized Alloy 29″, 25mm internal width, disc-specific rims.
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc.
- Motor: Specialized 1.2E, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal.
- Battery: Specialized M1-400, integrated Trail Display, ANT+/Bluetooth® module, 400Wh.