Lightweight yet stiff. Capable yet efficient. Fun yet focused. Hell, if Goldilocks ever wanted to drop you, our money’s on her picking an Epic EVO Comp to do the job.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we’ve worked overtime to make sure it’s been implemented in a way that’ll have you saying ‘Whoa!’ as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic’s standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO’s new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you’re able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It’s also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO’s handling characteristics.
Keeping the Epic EVO Comp just right is a well-balanced component mix featuring powerful four-piston Shimano SLX brakes, an X-Fusion Manic dropper and RockShox SID Select fork.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO’s FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO’s headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
- X-Fusion’s Manic dropper post offers infinitely adjustable travel via it’s slick shifter-stye remote lever for hassle-free operation when things get dicey.
- Tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
- 4-piston calipers on an XC bike? What a wonderful time to be alive—Shimano’s 4-piston SLX calipers carry only a slight weight penalty over their 2-piston siblings, but offer plenty of smooth, controllable power to keep the EVO’s newfound speed in check.
- Frame: FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel.
- Fork: Rockshox SID Select, Charger RL Damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel.
- Drivetrain: Shimano SLX, M7100, 12spd.
- Wheelset: Specialized Alloy, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h with Shimano MT400-B, Centerlock 28h hubs.
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc.