Forget everything you thought you knew about bigger-wheeled bikes: the Stage 5 is designed to go further and faster whatever the terrain, this bike signals a new generation of trail-loving 29ers where nothing’s off limits and everything goes. For 2020 we’ve reworked the rear suspension kinematics to fit a metric shock standard, we’ve made the frame’s suspension curve more progressive, giving plush travel and a bottomless feel.
The Stage models now feature an assymetric pivot so we can lower the pivot to the chain line while maintaining lateral stability, a longer swing-arm length, steeper seat tube (76°) makes the balance of the Stage 5 more confident, While the slacker head angle (65°) keeps steering responsive, Fast and furious might be a notorious film franchise, but it describes the fun that you’ll have with the new Stage 5.
WHY THE STAGE 5?
F: 140MM | R: 135MM | W: 29
- Lightweight Frame Handbuilt in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Unique monocoque aluminium chassis
- New Orange Trail Tuned geometry
- New Reduced offset fork
- New optimised cable routing
- New Bottle Bosses
- Available in 4 model specs: Pro, RS, Factory and XTR
- Choose from 6 custom colours
- Frame: 6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing.
- Fork: Fox Factory 36 Float 140mm.
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2 Factory.
- Drivetrain: Shimano XT 12 speed.
- Crankset: Hope Tech EVO.
- Brakes: Shimano XT Trail 203/180.
- Wheels: Stans Flow Mk3 on Hope Pro 4.
- Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 WT and DHR II 2.4 WT.
- Seatpost: Fox Factory Transfer 150mm Drop.
- Bar and Stem: Burgtec Mk2 50mm stem and Ridewide carbon bars.