The new Clockwork EVO 29 pushes the 29er model into the hard & fast trail arena. Running a 130mm travel fork, this one’s for the fast and loose big wheel hardtail fans out there.
The EVO 29 shares the same tidy frame features as the 27.5, neat external routing that tucks the cables cleanly under the top tube and internal stealth cable routing for a dropper post are both nice touches. The sturdy 12x148mm Boost bolt-though rear axle adds strength and rigidity for the 29er wheelset.
Trail centre hardtail, or out and out explorer, it’s up to you. But however you choose to ride the Clockwork EVO 29, it will be a more than worthy trail buddy.
- Frame: 6061-T6 Custom Butted OS Aluminium Tube. Wheel Size: 29.
- Fork: RockShox Recon RL 130mm 29.
- Drivetrain: SRAM SX Eagle 12 speed.
- Brakes: Shimano MT400 hydraulic disc.
- Wheels: WTB ST i27 rims on Strange 29 hubs.