The Cannondale Synapse is the perfect balance of raw power and all-day ridability. Its race-proven combination of endurance geometry, light weight and dialed vertical compliance has won it everything from Spring Classics to Bike of the Year accolades. It might just be the best all-around road bike ever made. The Synapse takes our size-specific construction philosophy to a whole new level. Not only does every frame size get its own rider-appropriate carbon layup and tube dimensions, we also utilize three different fork steerer and headtube diameters with three different fork offsets to ensure that every rider enjoys the same ride-feel and handling, regardless of size.
The new frame weighs just 950g (over 220g lighter) with a level of stiffness normally reserved for World Tour sprinters’ rigs. This thing is fast. SAVE PLUS micro-suspension in the frame and fork is complemented by the addition of the SAVE seatpost and new, creating a full, holistic comfort and performance enhancing system that keeps you protected from shocks and vibration yet connected to the feel of the ride. The rider position perfectly balances low, forward efficiency and upright comfort, for a “just-right” feel that encourages full-gas exploits and all-day sessions.
- Frame: Synapse Disc, BallisTec Carbon, Di2 ready, SAVE PLUS, BB30a, flat mount, 12mm thru axle.
- Fork: Synapse Disc Asymmetric, SAVE PLUS, BallisTec Carbon, integrated crown race, size-specific design.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105.
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 braze-on.
- Shifters: Shimano RS505 hydro disc.
- Crankset: Cannondale Si, BB30a, w/ FSA rings, 50/34T.
- Brakes: Shimano RS505 hydro disc, flat mount, 160/160mm.
- Wheelset: RD 2.0 Disc, 28-hole rims on Formula CX20 100x12mm front, CX 22 142x12mm rear hubs.