With its low-standover, mountain-bike-inspired frame, its 700c knobby tires and 50mm suspension fork, the Althea can take you from pavement, to dirt, to gravel and back…with a smile on your face. The women’s frame design matches the ruggedness of a mountain bike with the speed of 700c wheels. Super low standover means easy mounting and dismounting. The women’s specific geometry of the Althea delivers the speed and agility of a city bike, with the stability and heads-up comfort of a mountain bike. SAVE Micro-Suspension seat stays and chain stays work with a smaller 27.2mm seatpost, heads-up riding position and an ergonomic saddle and grips to increase comfort and control in any terrain. Big 35c multi-surface tires are fast and grippy on dirt and pavement, and full rack and fender mounts let you customize your Althea for the type of riding you’re into. Thanks to Cannondale’s unmatched aluminum expertise, Althea is super light but offers heavyweight performance, on-road or off.
- Frame: New Althea, SmartForm C2 Alloy, SAVE, 1-1/2″ to 1-1/8″ tapered head tube, 700/650.
- Fork: SR Suntour NEX w/ lockout, 50mm, 1-1/8″ steerer (S, M) / SR Suntour M3030, Lockout, 63mm, 1-1/8″ steerer (XS only).
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera, 8-speed.
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Altus 31.8 clamp.
- Shifters: Shimano M310 Rapidfire Plus, 3×8.
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCE 48/38/28.
- Brakes: Tektro M285 hydro disc, 160/160mm.
- Wheelset: Maddux DC 3.0, double wall w/eyelet, 32-hole.
- Handlebar: Cannondale C4, 6061 double-butted, 12mm rise, 660mm.
- Stem: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 31.8, 12 deg.
- Saddle: Cannondale Women’s CX Ergo.
- Seat Post: Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 27.2x350mm.
- Tyres: Kenda Happy Medium, 700x35c (S, M) / Schwalbe G-One, 650x38c (XS only).